NoTakeout! Korean Chicken lettuce wraps are a cool way to pop great flavors into your chicken. Cool and refreshing toppings make for a super crunchy lettuce wrap that will be healthier than take out!
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon gochujang sauce (such as Annie Chun’s)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain brown rice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 24 English cucumber slices
- 4 green onions, diagonally sliced
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Place 2 tablespoons soy sauce mixture in a small bowl; set aside. Add chicken slices to remaining soy sauce mixture in bag; seal. Refrigerate 2 hours.
Cook rice according to package directions.
Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Sprinkle sesame seeds over chicken. Place 3 tablespoons rice in each lettuce leaf; top each lettuce leaf with 1/3 cup chicken mixture, 2 cucumber slices, and about 1 1/2 teaspoons green onions. Serve with reserved 2 tablespoons soy sauce mixture.
Some Haute iTunes for your Cool Friday Night