Mid-Week never looked so YUMMY! Chicken, cheese and warm pasta go great with peppery arugula for a delicious and flavorful meal the whole family will love. It’s healthy and easy perfect for mid-week.
- 6 ounces uncooked whole-wheat fusilli pasta
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and finely chopped
- 8 ounces shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces fresh baby arugula
- 1 large heirloom tomato, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Place shallot and garlic in a small bowl. Pour 1/4 cup reserved pasta cooking liquid over shallot mixture; steep 5 minutes.
- Place pasta and cheese in a large bowl; toss to combine. Stir in chicken, vinegar, shallot mixture, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and salt.
- Combine oil and arugula. Add arugula mixture to pasta mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper and tomato. (recipe: MyRecipes.com)
iTunes for Your Mid Week: