This Middle Eastern-inspired bowl brings giant flavor with the tiny effort of the perfect mid week meal. Garlicky, tahini yogurt brings it all together in just minutes that will get you going into the weekend.
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (8.5-oz.) pkg. precooked farro
- 2 cups chopped English cucumber
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz.) can unsalted chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken and oil in a large bowl; toss to coat. Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, and paprika in a bowl. Add spice mixture to chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin, yogurt, lemon juice, tahini, and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat farro according to package directions. Place 1/2 cup farro in each of 4 bowls. Top each serving with about 3/4 cup chicken mixture, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/2 cup tomatoes, about 1/3 cup chickpeas, and 2 1/2 tablespoons Greek yogurt mixture. Top with parsley and black pepper. (recipe: cookinglight.com)
iTunes for A Chill Mid Week Dinner: