NoTakeout! Pizza is the ultimate in take out faire. This Korean BBQ Pizza is an amazing way to end a week on a healthy but yummy note! Add your fav veggies to create more healthy flavor.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, divided
- 1 medium carrot, shaved into ribbons
- 1 medium daikon radish, shaved into ribbons
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 4 ounces skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 (10-oz.) prebaked whole-wheat thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into small pieces (about 3/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine 1 tablespoon vinegar and 1 tablespoon brown sugar in a bowl. Add carrot and daikon; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes Stir in cilantro.
- Combine 1/4 cup water and cornstarch in a bowl. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium. Add garlic and ginger; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar, soy sauce, and sambal oelek; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, stir in cornstarch mixture, and simmer until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat; stir in chicken.
- Place prepared crust on a baking sheet. Spread chicken mixture over crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with mozzarella. Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes. Top evenly with carrot mixture. (recipe: MyRecipes.com)
Some Haute iTunes for your Lit Friday Night