It’s Brunch Time! Bulgar and Greens Mini Quiches are simple and very YUMM! Greens and eggs go amazing for a quick and filing brunch that can be paired with toast or fruit!
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked bulgur
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups lightly packed chopped stemmed curly kale (4 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 3 ounces (3/4 cup) crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Boil 2/3 cup water and uncooked bulgur in a small saucepan; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 12 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Heat canola oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add chopped onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add kale; sauté until wilted, about 5 minutes (add 2 Tbsp. water if mixture starts to scorch). Stir in bulgur. Divide mixture among 8 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Whisk together whole milk, chopped fresh thyme, kosher salt, black pepper, and eggs. Pour 1/4 cup into each muffin cup (cups will be very full). Sprinkle 3 oz. (3/4 cup) crumbled feta cheese evenly over cups. Bake 20 to 22 minutes, until set. (recipe: MyRecipes.com)