NoTakeout! Mushrooms blended with juicy beef paired with creamy yogurt sauce is a perfect way to do at home takeout! Enjoy on a bed of crispy lettuce for a healthy way to fill your family!
- 4 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 1 pound 90% lean ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced roasted garlic (about 4 large cloves)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 large butter lettuce leaves
- 4 heirloom tomato slices
- 4 red onion slices
- Preheat grill or a grill pan to medium-high (about 450°F). Place mushrooms in a food processor, and process until minced, about 1 minute.
- Combine mushrooms, ground sirloin, oil, pepper, and 3/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; gently shape into 4 (4-inch) patties, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Stir together cucumber, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, and remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place burgers on grill grate, and grill, uncovered, to desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. (recipe: MyRecipes.com)
Some Haute iTunes for your Lit Friday Night