When the week is rolling on into the weekend we gotta keep it fresh! Trying to get more fish in your diet? Well this meal is sure to please. White beans and yummy spinach create a pallet pleasing meal perfect for that mid week hump.
- 4 (6-oz.) sustainable skinless sea bass fillets
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered (about 1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 (15-oz.) can unsalted cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce pitted Castelvetrano olives, quartered (about 1/3 cup)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; swirl to coat. Add fish; cook to desired degree of doneness, about 3 minutes on each side for medium. Remove fish from pan; discard drippings. (Do not wipe skillet clean.) Lightly tent fish with foil to keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium-high. Add garlic; cook, stirring often, until light golden brown, about 1 minute. Stir in thyme and tomatoes; cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 1 minute. Add stock and beans; bring to a simmer. Add spinach in batches, and cook, tossing gently, until spinach is wilted after each addition. Stir in lemon juice, olives, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Divide bean mixture among 4 shallow bowls; nestle 1 fillet into each bowl (recipe: MyRecipes.com)
iTunes for A Chill Mid Week Dinner: