It’s Brunch Time! Zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, and basil come together for some absolute YUMM! brunch faire! Only 300 calories!
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 16 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon unsalted tomato paste
- 1 (28-oz.) can unsalted diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 ounces preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave zucchini into long, even strips. Toss with 1/4 teaspoon salt in a colander. Let stand until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring often, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste; cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 6 minutes. Stir in spinach; cover and cook until spinach wilts, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Gently stir in zucchini strips.
- Stir together ricotta and mozzarella in a microwavable bowl; microwave at high 30 seconds. Dot zucchini mixture with cheese mixture. Sprinkle with basil. (recipe: MyRecipes.com)