It’s Brunch Time! Crunchy corn muffins are taken to another level with salty prosciutto, tangy tomatoes and creamy goat cheese! Experiment with your fav veggies and meats for a delicious brunch treat!
- Cooking spray
- 6.38 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6.38 ounces whole-grain cornmeal (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups whole buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 4 ounces finely chopped prosciutto, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and divided
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled and divided (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk together buttermilk, butter, and eggs in a large bowl until smooth. Add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture; stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until smooth. Fold in chives, two-thirds (about 2 1/2 ounces) of prosciutto, 1/4 cup tomatoes, and 2 ounces cheese.
- Divide batter evenly among cups of prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle muffins with remaining prosciutto, remaining 1/4 cup tomatoes, and remaining 2 ounces cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until cheese melts and a wooden pick inserted in center of muffin comes out with moist crumbs. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run an offset spatula or butter knife around edges to loosen muffins. (recipe: MyRecipes.com)