Hello Home Takeout! Make it all at home! Yummy beef and crispy veggies with your fav noodles or rice create the perfect Friday Night eats!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 12 ounces flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups sliced red bell peppers (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (green parts only)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high. Sprinkle steak with black pepper and salt. Add steak to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove steak from pan (do not wipe out pan).
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar in a small bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, broccoli, and bell peppers to pan; cover, and cook 2 minutes. Uncover pan; add soy sauce mixture.
- Cook 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and liquid reduces by about half. Add steak; cook 1 minute. Divide rice evenly among 4 plates; top with beef mixture and green onions. (recipe: MyRecipes.com)
Some Haute iTunes for your Lit Friday Night