It’s Friday so it’s time for at home takeout! Let’s do BLT’s, BLT pasta that is. Bacon, watercress and tomatoes tossed in soft pasta, can you say YUMM!?! Skip the takeout counter and head to the grocery!
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/8 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 10 ounce uncooked mezze rigatoni or penne pasta
- 2 ounces slab bacon, cut into 1/2-in. dice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound red or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 5 ounces watercress, coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Bring a large saucepan filled with water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Add pasta and cook 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Place bacon and olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-low; cook 8 minutes or until the bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon from pan (do not wipe out pan)
- Heat pan over medium. Add tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to drippings in pan; cook 5 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and almost melt, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in half of the cooked bacon.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add pasta to pan; toss to coat. Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking liquid and watercress, stirring until watercress wilts. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking liquid to pan as needed to loosen sauce. Divide pasta mixture among 4 shallow bowls; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Top servings evenly with remaining half of bacon and cheese. (recipe: MyRecipes.com)
Some Haute iTunes for your Lit Friday Night