It’s Brunch Time! Thick sweet potato and sausage strata is perfection for your Brunch YUMM! Sweetness and plump sausage together create the perfect comfort food your whole family will enjoy.
- 6 ounces Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (8-ounce) sweet potato
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 ounces uncooked bulk chicken breakfast sausage
- 3 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 3/4 cup), divided
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place bread on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, stirring once. Cool on pan 5 minutes.
- Pierce potato with a fork. Place potato on a microwave-safe paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes or until done. Let stand 5 minutes. Peel potato, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add sausage to pan; cook 6 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. (recipe: MyRecipes.com)