It’s Brunch Time! Creamy savory grits with plump succulent shrimp to make your mouth water. These are great for lunch or breakfast so believe they are perfect for brunch.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine first 3 ingredients; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to drippings in pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in shrimp mixture, broth, and 1/4 cup green onions; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring frequently.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually add grits, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Stir in butter and salt. Serve shrimp mixture over grits; sprinkle with cheese and remaining green onions. (recipe: MyRecipes.com)