It’s Brunch Time! Gluten Free but flavor-FULL! The Fruit of the Forest Muffins are brunch perfect with your fave sweet fruits or nuts or add both!
- 3.45 ounces brown rice flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 2.6 ounces potato starch (about 1/2 cup)
- 1.8 ounces oat flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mixed fresh berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Weigh or lightly spoon brown rice flour, potato starch, and oat flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine brown rice flour, potato starch, oat flour, granulated sugar, and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk, butter, and eggs; stir with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in berries.
- Place 12 paper muffin cup liners in muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray. Spoon batter into prepared cups, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and muffins spring back when lightly touched. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan.
Chef’s Notes: If you’re planning to freeze all or some of the muffins, leave off the turbinado sugar