It’s Brunch Time! Flaxseed Buttermilk Pancakes are sweet and YUMM! With plump berries and fiber rich flaxseeds this Brunch plate is healthy and indulgent!
- 3.06 ounces brown rice flour (about 2/3 cup)
- 1.05 ounces tapioca flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1.3 ounces potato starch (about 1/4 cup)
- 0.9 ounce flaxseed meal (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Weigh or lightly spoon flours, potato starch, and flaxseed meal into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, potato starch, flaxseed meal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine buttermilk, vanilla, and eggs; stir with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour 2 tablespoons batter per pancake onto pan; cook 1 minute or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over; cook 1 minute or until bottoms are lightly browned. Serve with maple syrup and blueberries. (recipe: MyRecipes.com)